With iTunes File Sharing you can copy audio files between your computer and iOS application on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. For example if you have your favorite albums, artists, tracks located on your MAC/PC you can copy that content to our apps: Evermusic, Flacbox and listen to your music even if you far away from your computer.
But before you begin
Instead of iTunes File Sharing you can use WiFi Drive to copy/move audio files between your computer and Evermusic, Flacbox wirelessly. You just need to connect computer and your iOS device to the same WiFi network. You can even copy/move files between Evermusic and Flacbox using WiFi drive.
Another technology that allows you to stream your music directly from your home computer is SMB. In Evermusic or Flacbox you can connect to your computer using windows file sharing protocol, stream your music and you don't need to copy audio files to your device.
To use File Sharing, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has the latest version of iOS. If you use Windows PC make sure that you have an up-to-date version of Windows 7 or later.
To start using File Sharing
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect iPhone or iPad to your computer using the USB lightning cable.
- Click your iOS device in iTunes.
- Click Apps section, in the left sidebar.
- Scroll to the File Sharing section at the bottom of the page.
How to copy files from your computer to the app
- To copy files to your device drag and drop them from a folder or window onto the Documents list.
- You can also click Add in the Documents list in iTunes, find the audio files you want to copy from your computer, and then click Add. iTunes copies these music files to the apps Documents directory on your device.
- Choose only audio files that will work with the app. You can find the list of supported file formats in the app's user guide.
How to Copy audio files from an iOS app to your computer.
- Select the app from the list in the File Sharing section in iTunes.
- To copy files to your computer drag and drop them from the Documents list to a folder or window on your computer.
- You can also select the audio files that you want to copy to your computer from the Documents list and click "Save to," then find the folder on your computer to which you want to copy the files and click "Save to".
Open shared audio files
Now you can play the files that was copied from your computer to iOS device.
- You can see the list of files available for playing.
- Tap on any file and start player
Delete a shared files from your iOS device
To delete audio files you copied from computer to an iOS app using File Sharing, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes on your Mac/PC.
- Connect your iOS device to computer using the USB cable.
- Select your device in iTunes.
- Click Apps in the left sidebar and scroll to the File Sharing section.
- Select the audio file that you want to delete in the Documents list, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Click Delete in iTunes confirmation message.
- Open "Files" tab.
- Tap "Edit" Button in the navigation bar.
- Select files you want to delete.
- Tap "Delete" button.
- Tap "Delete" in confirmation message.
P.S. You can also connect your computer using SMB protocol and stream your music directly from your MAC/PC as described here: How To stream your music from MAC or PC to iPhone using SMB.